Tuesday, January 3, 2012

One of my Passions

   On April 8, 2011, Mom and I attended a three day workshop in Rehoboth Beach, DE on Bead Embroidery taught by Meg Fillmore and Moggie Moyer of Bead My Love (www.beadmylove.com) Check out their web page for more information.



We spent three wonderful days immersed in beading. Mom created the beautiful pendant in orange and I did one in sage green.
Mom's Work station

Mom's work in progress
Mom's complete necklace with a Dutch spiral rope. 



My work station

My pedant in progress.
My pendant completed.

As you can tell, we had a great time.  Since then I have done several pieces for family, friends and for sell.
I am really hooked on bead embroidery.  I really think that this was my AH moment when I realized that I can create something totally unique and beautiful.

Now if I could figure out how to change the font on this blog I would be even happier. Thanks for reading my rambling. See you tomorrow.




5 comments:

  1. First -- WOW what you made! Second, I'm not too far from where you were (Easton, MD, on the eastern shore) -- you'll have to let me know when there's another workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg is having another class Feb. 28 - March 1. I don't know if it is filled up. Her web site is www.beadmylove.com

    Do you remember taking a class with me? Mom, my brother Tom, and I took one of Barbara Lewis's touch classes in Annapolis last year and you were there too.

    What and where are you teaching in March?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can change the font for your posts when you write them- there's a little symbol above the box you write in. As for the title, gadgets, etc., I think you have to go under the advanced setting on the blog template. I'm still figuring it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the seahorse and ammonite pendant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous design and beautifully done

    ReplyDelete